- Place a ladder against the roof away from satellite dishes and suspended wires. Climb onto the roof and have someone hand you a claw hammer, pry bar, shingles, putty knife, heat gun, nails and a bucket of tar.
- Insert a pry bar under the damaged shingle to scrape the tar from the roof under the shingle. Pull up the nails in the bubbled shingle with a claw hammer and then peel the shingle up. It is not uncommon for damaged shingles to tear when you dislodge them from the roof.
- Scrape the roof where the shingle was located with a putty knife to get up any remaining tar. The space should be flat and free of any tar.
- Warm the warped shingle with a heat gun until it's pliable. Have someone hand-up several bricks. Set it on the roof between two bricks to flatten it out. Leave for several hours or overnight. Cover the space where the shingle came up with a tarp. Place bricks on the tarp to keep it in place.
- Take up the tarp and remove the flattened shingle from the bricks. Replace the flattened shingle by pouring a small amount of tar onto the bare roof and tack down with roofing nails and a hammer. If the shingle ripped when taking it up, simply replace it with a new one.
How to Fix a Bubble in a Roof Shingle
Severe weather or heat exposure can damage roof shingles. Heat exposure can cause the shingle to buckle or form a bubble and in some cases, become torn or cracked and you usually cannot repair them but must replace them instead. In some instances, it's only a matter of pulling the shingle up, flatting it under bricks and then re-adhering it with tar and nails.
Things You Will Need
- How to Calculate Roof Tile
- How to Remove Moss & Lichen From a Roof
- How to Remove Tar From Roof Shingles & a Chimney
- How to Clean Creosote From an Asphalt Shingle Roof
- Roofing Tar Risks
- How to Shingle a Gable Roof
- How to Seal a Camper Roof
- How to Get Rid of Raccoons on a Roof
- How to Bleach Roof Shingles
- How to Fix a Roof Seam
- How to Clean Lichen Off a Roof
- How to Install Roofing on a Flat Roof
- How to Reduce Heat by Roof Coating
- How to Repair a Roof Leak in Valley of Roof