- Install the curtain rod brackets. Place one bracket above the window to the left of the casing and the other to the right. Screw the nails into the holes located on the bracket.
- Place the curtain rod in the "C" curve scoop of the bracket. The curtain rod should be round. You can recycle the shaft of an old broom or mop for a small window rod.
- Turn under the top of an old sheet or piece of fabric 2 inches. Iron the fold. Glue the inside of the folded fabric together to make the curtain rod pocket. Repeat the procedure at the bottom of the fabric for the hem.
- Repeat the procedure at the bottom of the fabric to make the hem.
- Slide the material over the rod. Place the rod in the bracket. Pull the material over the window when you want privacy and pull it back to one side when you don't.
Things You Will Need
- Curtain rod bracket kit with screws (round bracket)
- Curtain rod
- Sheet or fabric
- Fabric glue
- Local home improvement stores contain peel-and-stick shades to attach to the window.
- For a window topper, fold a scarf on the diagonal and place over the rod.