- Check to see if the current seal is leaking. Close the door, turn the dryer on and move a piece of tissue around the door. If it is sucked in at any point, you need to replace the seal.
- Buy a new seal and some nonflammable seal adhesive at an appliance store.
- Pull off the old seal. If it doesn't come off easily, heat it with a hair dryer on the high setting while pulling gently.
- Paint the adhesive on the back of the new seal.
- Put the seal in place and press down.
- Let the adhesive dry completely before running the dryer again.
How to Replace a Dryer Door Seal
Stop wasting money on your electric bill every month. Try this easy, inexpensive repair and save.