- Purchase at least four wall louver vents from a home improvement store or hardware store.
- Unwrap the vents from the packaging and hold one up to the inside wall about 12 inches from the ceiling. Trace around the vent with a marker, creating a template on the wall. Then, hold the same vent about 12 inches from the shed floor against the wall and trace around it.
- Put on safety glasses. Insert a paddle bit into a drill and tighten down the drill chuck. Hold the paddle bit inside one corner of the traced template and drill through the shed wall. Repeat drilling through the walls inside the remaining three corners.
- Cut out the drilled template with a jig saw, allowing the cut out to fall outside the shed.
- Insert one side of the wall louver vent into the inside wall of the shed and press it into the recess then insert the other side of the vent through the outside of the shed.
- Retrieve the retaining screws that came with the vent. Insert the screws into the pre-drilled holes on the border of the vent and tighten down with a screw gun to hold the vent securely in place.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 6 to fully vent the shed, mounting the remaining vents on the opposite wall. This will allow outside air to freely pass through, venting the shed.
How to Vent a Shed
Storage sheds make ideal spaces to hold landscaping and lawn grooming equipment. But they are usually stuffy, hot spaces, making them unpleasant to stand inside to do routine maintenance on lawn equipment such as weed trimmers and lawn mowers. To improve the space without running underground conduit and electrical wiring for exhaust fans or wall air conditioners, you can vent the space to allow positive air flow through the space.
Things You Will Need
- How to Repair a Jayco Roof Vent on a Pop-Up Camper
- How to Fix a Leaking Roof Vent
- How to Calculate Roof Ventilation
- How to Move a Dryer Vent's Hose From the Back to the Side
- How to Block Air Conditioning Vents in the Winter
- How to Hook Up Vent Pipes for Gas Furnaces
- How to Insulate the Walls in a Pole Barn
- Deflect-O Dryer Vent Installation
- How to Install Crawl Space Vents
- How do I Install a Metal Roofing Around Whirlybird Vents?
- Correct Placement of Roof Vents
- How to Run Dryer Venting Through Crawlspace
- How to Install Bathroom Vent Pipes
- How to Vent a Chimney Through a Wall