Things You Will Need
- Car part lubricant such as WD-40
- Warm water
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Soft cloth
How to Remove Crayon Stains From Wood. If your child decided to draw on your wood furniture or floors with crayons, follow these simple instructions to restore your wood to its original beauty.
- Spray the affected area of wood with WD-40 or another car part lubricant.
- Wipe the wood with a clean, soft cloth.
- If any residue remains, wash the area with warm water and liquid dishwashing soap.
- Use a sponge and work the soap in a circular motion.
- Wipe the wood dry.
Test the process in an inconspicuous area before attempting it on a larger area to make sure the wood won't be damaged. This method should only be attempted on finished (painted, stained or varnished) wood. The method may not work on unfinished wood.