Things You Will Need
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 cups white vinegar
- Tea kettle
Main water lines typically run to your kitchens and bathrooms. When these drains get clogged, it can be a nightmare because one of two things happen.
Either the water that runs in the sink or tub will just sit there and not drain, or everything in the line backs up, so you can have sewage and food wash into your sinks and tubs. With the world looking for more eco-friendly ways to deal with everyday problems, drain cleaners are no exception.
Before turning to a harsh and dangerous chemical solution, try an eco-friendly option.
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda down the drain.
- Follow the baking soda immediately with 2 cups of vinegar down the drain.
- Wait 15 to 30 minutes. The baking soda and vinegar will create a bubbling acidic reaction that will eat away the debris that is clogging your drain.
- Fill the tea kettle with water and heat the water until it boils.
- Pour the water down the sink.
- Repeat as needed to flush away all the debris.