Things You Will Need
- Laundry detergent
- Stain removal treatment
- Washing machine
Whether you have dropped a greasy food item on your shirt, or you have a family member who works in a garage and is constantly rubbing oil and grease onto his work uniform, you are left with unsightly grease stains. When the grease stain has enough time to dry, the stain removal process becomes even more difficult.
To remove the dried-in grease stains, follow a simple routine that will pull out the stain without damaging the fabric.
- Pour a thick layer of liquid laundry detergent onto the stain. If you do not have liquid detergent, mix water with powdered detergent until you have a thick paste, and pour that over the stain. You can also apply stain removal product onto the fabric if you have this on hand; simply follow the application instructions on the package.
- Rub the detergent into the dried-in grease stain with your fingertips. Let it sit for 10 minutes. The detergent works to break up and dissolve the grease stains.
- Place the garment in your washing machine, and turn the machine on using a hot water wash cycle.
- Pour in your regular laundry detergent, using enough for your wash load size. Read the detergent label to make this determination.
- Remove the item from the washing machine, and repeat this procedure if any grease stain is still present.