Things You Will Need
- Wax ring
One of the most common problems with an Eljer toilet is water leaking from the base of the toilet bowl. If you notice this, it is likely that your wax ring has fallen apart and needs to be replaced.
Eljer toilets come with varying warranties depending on the model. First, check with the manufacturer to see if yours is still under warranty.
If not, any local plumbing supply store will carry a wax ring that will fit your Eljer toilet, because it is a universal accessory.
- Close the shutoff valve leading to the toilet.
- Unscrew the supply line that is connected to the toilet (this will be the white or silver hose running from the shutoff valve to the underside of the toilet tank).
- Flush the toilet.
- Use a wrench to loosen the bolts holding your toilet bowl to the floor. There will be one bolt on either side of the toilet.
- Move the toilet, until can see the closet flange (the drain in the floor).
- Remove any remnants of the old wax ring from both the bottom of your toilet and the floor flange.
- Set the new wax ring into the bottom of the toilet bowl with the rounded edge going in first.
- Align the toilet bowl back over and onto the closet flange, ensuring that the floor bolts fit through both holes on the bottom of the toilet bowl.
- Tighten the bolts with a wrench, and secure the toilet in place.
- Screw the supply line back onto the toilet tank
- Open the shutoff valve behind the toilet.