Things You Will Need
- Liquid dish detergent
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Soft-bristle toothbrush
- Magic Eraser cleaning pad
- Towels for drying
- Liquid car wax
- Soft cloth for buffing
Acrylic tubs are a popular fixture in many bathrooms. They come in a variety of colors and styles to fit into any bathroom decor.
Not only are they attractive and durable, the nonporous surface of an acrylic tub resists the growth of mold and mildew. These tubs are easy to maintain, and cleaning is a quick and simple chore.
- Add 2 tbsp. of dish detergent to a bucket of warm water and mix well.
- Soak a cloth or sponge with cleaning solution. Scrub in a cirucular motion all around the walls of the tub and into the corners. The mild soap solution will act as a de-greaser and help remove soap scum.
- Dip a soft-bristle toothbrush into the cleaning solution and clean around the bathtub fixtures.
- Use a wet eraser cleaning pad to clean the textured floor of the tub.
- Thoroughly rinse the tub, and towel dry.
- Apply a coat of liquid car wax to the sides of the tub. Let dry and buff. The wax will help prevent soap scum build up.
Never wax the floor of the tub. Wax will make the floor extremely slippery and hazardous.