Although mattress toppers, or pads, can be made of all sorts of materials, the key to cleaning them is to be as gentle as possible. Gently cleaning mattress toppers can make them last longer.
Clean your mattress topper on a regular basis to refresh your bedding.
- Take the mattress topper off of your bed.
- Fill a large sink with warm water. Add mild laundry detergent according to label instructions.
- Dunk the mattress topper in the sink. Work the soapy water through the material. Wring the water from the mattress topper and set aside.
- Empty the sink and fill it with cold water. Soak the mattress topper in the cold water for a few minutes. Wring it to remove any remaining soapy water.
- Air-dry the mattress topper.