Things You Will Need
- Ice cubes
- Zip top bags
- Wide-tooth comb
- Dry cleaning solution
Laffy Taffy is a sticky candy that will be tough to remove if it becomes embedded in you carpet. Freezing the Laffy Taffy will make the stain brittle enough for you to pull it off.
It will also lessen the stickiness to achieve the best and cleanest results. Follow up with a solvent that will dissolve the residue to leave the carpet looking new and pristine.
- Pick off as much of the Laffy Taffy as possible with your fingers but be careful not to push it further into the carpet fibers.
- Place a few ice cubes in a zip top bag and hold it over the taffy until the taffy becomes brittle and hard.
- Scrape the brittle taffy off the carpet with the edge of a spoon. Work until all of the taffy is gone or until you’ve removed as much as you can.
- Run a comb through the carpet to remove any small pieces of taffy that the spoon was unable to scrape off.
- Blot a dry cleaning solution directly on the area to remove any residue. Blot until the stain is completely gone.
- Rinse the area with clear water and dry it completely with a clean cloth.