Peppermint Oil for Roach Control
Not only are roaches creepy-looking, they eat your food and can trigger allergies. You can keep roaches out of your home using natural products like peppermint oil.
Peppermint oil is available for purchase in health food and aromatherapy stores. You can also purchase soap infused with peppermint oil at garden supply stores. Plants in the mint family including catnip and pennyroyal act as natural insect repellents and work on fleas, ants and roaches.
You can add 10 drops of peppermint oil to a spray bottle full of two parts water to one part white vinegar. Use the spray inside your home to repel roaches. Spray the exterior of your home with peppermint oil-infused soap to keep roaches from getting inside.
In addition to spraying with peppermint oil, you can control roaches in your home by removing the food that attracts them. Store food in airtight containers and wash all dirty dishes promptly. Sealing cracks in your home with caulk then spraying the area with peppermint oil will keep roaches out.
The Drip Cap
- Not only are roaches creepy-looking, they eat your food and can trigger allergies.
- You can keep roaches out of your home using natural products like peppermint oil.
- Store food in airtight containers and wash all dirty dishes promptly.
- "Knack Clean Home, Green Home"; Kimberly Delaney; 2008
- "Allergy & Asthma Relief"; William E. Berger, Debra L. Gordon; 2004