How to Troubleshoot Air-O-Swiss Humidifiers
Air-O-Swiss manufactures a line of ultrasonic humidifiers to control the humidity levels of a room in your home. Usually, these units are trouble free, requiring only regular filling with water and an occasional cleaning or replacement of demineralizing granules to keep the humidifier functioning properly.
If your humidifier fails to operate, runs intermittently or stops working completely, some simple troubleshooting steps may help to identify and resolve the problem immediately or help determine if your humidifier needs to be serviced.
Things You Will Need
- Clean cloth
- Demineralization granules or cartridge
Check that the power cord is plugged in and the unit is turned on if your humidifier does not operate at all. Examine the front panel of the humidifier to see if the red "Empty" light is on. Refill the water tank as needed.
Turn the humidity level dial up if the moisture output of the humidifier is inadequate. Soap residue from cleaning the unit may also prevent the humidifier from producing mist. Rinse the humidifier with clean water, refill the tank and run the unit again. If the humidifier does not produce mist, have it serviced.
Set the mist output to maximum if the mist output of the humidifier is weak. This is often caused when the temperature of the water in the water tank is too low. Run the unit for 10 to 15 minutes at this setting. After that time, the unit should function properly. Reset the mist output to the desired setting.
Clean the unit if mineral deposits build up and cause the dehumidifier to function intermittently or stop functioning completely. Use a soft cloth or brush and an approved cleaning solution to remove any mineral scale. If your humidifer uses demineralization resin, replace the resin granules or cartridge. Check the level of the granules in the unit to ensure it is not overfilled. Remove 2 tbsp. of the granules, if necessary. Operate the unit again. If the humidifier still does not work properly, have it serviced.
The Drip Cap
- Air-O-Swiss manufactures a line of ultrasonic humidifiers to control the humidity levels of a room in your home.
- Usually, these units are trouble free, requiring only regular filling with water and an occasional cleaning or replacement of demineralizing granules to keep the humidifier functioning properly.
- Refill the water tank as needed.
- Set the mist output to maximum if the mist output of the humidifier is weak.
In Jacksonville, Fla., Frank Whittemore is a content strategist with over a decade of experience as a hospital corpsman in the U.S. Navy and a licensed paramedic. He has over 15 years experience writing for several Fortune 500 companies. Whittemore writes on topics in medicine, nature, science, technology, the arts, cuisine, travel and sports.
- Filter Humidifier Vs. Non-Filter Humidifiers
- Instructions for a Disney Ultrasonic Winnie the Pooh Humidifier
- How to Troubleshoot a KitchenAid Undercounter Ice Machine
- How to Troubleshoot a Noritz Water Heater
- Miller Central Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
- How to Troubleshoot a Pentair IC40 Chlorine Generator