My Bosch Dishwasher is Not Cleaning Dishes
Bosch dishwashers are often more expensive than other brands. They are also quieter than most, and are the least repair-prone dishwasher, according to Australia's Choice magazine. If your dishes are not clean after washing them in the Bosch dishwasher, some simple troubleshooting should resolve the problem. Turn off your dishwasher and unplug it before doing any maintenance.
Check to see if the filter needs cleaning. Most filters on a Bosch dishwasher are not self-cleaning, so dump out the filter -- located at the base of the dishwasher -- if you find food sticking to your dishes. Rinse it and replace the filter. Scrape off all food from the plates before washing to prevent the filter from clogging.
Waste Water Pump
If the waste water pump is clogged, the rinse water can't be pumped out. Remove the filter first, scoop out any water inside, and remove the pump cover. Check for any items that may hinder the water from coming out, then replace the cover and filter.
Clogged Spray Arms
The spray arms may be clogged with food, leading to poor cleaning. Remove the top arm by unscrewing it and the bottom arm by unclipping it. Rinse off the arms and replace them.
- How to Replace a Spray Arm on a Kenmore Dishwasher
- How to Remove Coins Stuck Inside a Front-Load Washer
- How to Take Apart Dishwashers
- How to Clean The Pump Filter on a GE Front Loading Washing Machine
- A Home Remedy to Clean a Burned Stainless Pot
- How to Repair the Check Valve on a Whirlpool Dishwasher