How to Troubleshoot Noises on a Frigidaire Dishwasher
Many Frigidaire dishwashers come with the promise of being the "quietest dishwasher in its class," according to Frigidaire. However, a quiet dishwasher doesn't necessarily mean that the dishwasher is silent, as some noises are normal. It can take some troubleshooting at times to determine if a noise coming from the dishwasher is typical or if it indicates a larger problem.
Listen for the sound of water filling and draining throughout the wash cycle. These sounds are normal and do not indicate an issue.
Pay attention to the drain motor, which operates at the beginning of each cycle. This noise should be fairly quiet and should not sound like a loud, grinding or banging sound.
Note that the sound will change when the wash cycle moves between the lower and middle spray arms. This sound should be temporary and fairly quiet.
Look for hard items in the dishwasher grinder or filter if a loud crunching, buzzing or grinding sound is heard. The dishwasher can typically grind up these items within one or two cycles, but the item may be lifted out and discarded to eliminate the sound.
Remove the bottom rack and spray arms from the bottom of the dishwasher if there is a loud noise coming from the dishwasher that does not resolve itself. Look inside for the impeller, which is round and spins. Remove any debris that may be clogging up the impeller or pump.
- Contact Frigidaire for service at 800-374-4432 if the dishwasher is shaking, making a very loud rattling, squealing, scraping or whining sound. The motor, water inlet valve or heater fan may need to be repaired or replaced.
Meredith Jameson writes early childhood parenting and family health articles for various online publications. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in history from San Francisco State University.
- How to Freeze Proof Washing Machines
- How to Troubleshoot No Power and the Water Not Draining in a KitchenAid Dishwasher
- How to Drain a Bosch Dishwasher Manually
- How to Troubleshoot a Miele Dishwasher With Three Lines
- Troubleshooting Kenmore Dishwashers
- Dishwasher Makes Noise When Filling in the Water Cycle