Thread the light bulb socket's power cord through the 12-inch pipe.
Spread glue around the edge and just inside the "bulb" end of the 12-inch pipe. Press the socket firmly into the glue.
Allow the glue to dry for at least three hours.
Thread the power cord into the up-facing hole of the five-way connector and out one of the other holes. Press the 12-inch pipe into the up-facing hole.
Thread the power cord through one of the 3-inch pipes. Press the pipe into the five-way connector where the cord comes out.
Attach the coupler to the end of the 3-inch pipe.
Insert the remaining three 3-inch-long pipes into the remaining holes of the five-way connector. Cap each of these three to complete the lamp.
Things You Will Need
- Five-way PVC pipe connector, 1 inch diameter
- 3 PVC pipe caps, 1 inch diameter
- PVC pipe coupler, 1 inch diameter
- 4 PVC pipes, 1 inch diameter, 3 inch length
- PVC pipe, 1 inch diameter, 12 inch length
- Pre-wired light bulb socket with built-in switch
- To make a floor lamp instead of a table lamp, use a 60-inch length of pipe instead of 12-inch, and use 6-inch pipes for the base instead of 3-inch pipes.
- Use solvent cement specifically designed for PVC instead of glue for a stronger bond.