How to Change the Drain Pump in a Fisher Paykel Washer GWL15
Fisher & Paykel is a New Zealand-based company that produces residential appliances. The GWL15 is a top-loading automatic washer from the company's Ecosmart line. When the drain pump in the GWL15 washer starts to fail, you may find water lingering in the washer tub at the end of the spin cycle. Changing the drain pump in your Fisher & Paykel washer solves the soggy-clothes problem. The drain pump replacement process requires very little disassembly and few special tools.
Unplug the Fisher & Paykel GWL15 washer to avoid serious electrical injury while changing the drain pump. Find the hot and cold water supply valves on the wall behind the appliance. Turn the valves clockwise as far as they go to shut off the water supply to the appliance.
Pull the washer out 2 to 3 feet and tip it back to rest against the wall. Access the drain pump from underneath the machine. Locate the pump in the front, right-hand corner of the washer cabinet.
Pry up the plastic retaining tub on the drain pump mounting bracket, using a flat-head screwdriver. Twist the pump counterclockwise and pull it out of the bottom of the washer cabinet.
Coat the seal diaphragm on the top of the replacement drain pump with a very light layer of bearing lubricant. Hold the pump up to the connector on the base of the tub and twist clockwise to lock the component into place; the plastic retaining tab automatically engages.
Slowly lower the washer to the floor. Plug the power cord into a grounded electrical outlet, and open the hot and cold water supply valves before operating the machine.
- Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances; Eric Kleinert
- GWL15 Washer Service Summary; Fisher & Paykel Appliances
- Fisher & Paykel: GWL15 Smart Drive Electronic Washing Machine Parts Manual
- Replacing the drain pump in a Fisher & Paykel GWL15 washer yourself may void its warranty coverage.
Megan Mattingly-Arthur has been writing professionally since 1998. She has contributed to various publications, including "Teen Voices" and "Positive Teens" magazines, as well as a book, "The Young Writer's Guide to Getting Published." Mattingly-Arthur is studying travel and tourism through Penn Foster Career School.
- How to Winterize a Whirlpool Dishwasher
- My Bissell Power Steamer With the Power Brush Cleaner Will Not Spray the Water Out
- How to Remove the Tub From a GE Profile Washing Machine
- KitchenAid Dishwasher Making a Loud Sound
- How to Change the Belt on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Change the Drum Bearing in a Frigidaire Affinity Dryer