- Measure 1/2 cup of natural castile soap, which is available unscented or with a number of complementary aromas, such as lavender or mint, and add it directly into your spray bottle.
- Add 1 cup of distilled water, 1/2 tsp. of borax powder, 1/2 tsp. of tea tree oil, 1/2 tsp. of lavender essential oil and 1/2 tsp. of litsea cubeb essential oil. Shake the bottle gently until all traces of the borax powder have dissolved completely.
- Store your cleaner in a cool, dark location. Before use, shake the bottle gently. Spray an even mist on surfaces and leave for at least 30 seconds before wiping away with a clean cloth.
Things You Will Need
- 16-oz. dark glass spray bottle
- 1/2 cup natural castile soap
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1/2 tsp. borax powder
- 1/2 tsp. tea tree oil
- 1/2 tsp. lavender essential oil
- 1/2 tsp. litsea cubeb essential oil
- Clean cloth
- Choose a 16-oz. dark glass bottle with a fine mist sprayer for mixing and storing your spray disinfectant. Because the ingredients include natural oils with disinfectant properties, it is important to keep the cleaner away from heat and sun to prolong it's shelf life.