- Remove any nails from the nailer if it is loaded according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Disconnect the framing nailer from the air hose if connected. Tip the nailer up so the air hose coupling points up.
- Open the bottle of pneumatic oil and squeeze two to four drops of oil into the hose coupling.
- Hook the nailer back up to the air hose. Pull the trigger three to five times so the piston can cycle the oil through.
- Reload the nailer with nails and continue working.
Things You Will Need
- Framing nailer Pneumatic oil Air compressor Air hose
- Framing nailers need to be lubricated regularly. Add two to three drops of oil for every five to eight hours of heavy use. If oil is blowing out the exhaust vent, you are adding too much oil at a time. Cover the exhaust vent with cloth towel and cycle the piston until oil stops blowing out.