- Install the mounting ring assembly. The mounting ring assembly is used to hold the disposal in place. Begin by applying a ¼" bead of plumber's putty onto the underside of the flange on the disposer sink sleeve. Insert the flange into the sink's drain hold from the top of the sink, then press down on the flange to seal the plumber's putty. From underneath the sink, slide the fiber gasket onto the bottom of the disposer sink sleeve, followed by the triangular shaped backup ring, followed by the mounting ring. Tighten the three screws on the mounting ring with a screwdriver until the mounting ring assembly is tight against the sink.
- Hold the garbage disposal against the mounting ring and align the disposal so that the three mounting lugs on the top of the disposal are located directly under the mounting screws that were tightened in step 1.
- Twist the garbage disposal in a clockwise direction until the disposal locks into place.
- Connect the sink's drain pipe to the side of the disposal. The drain pipe has a large slip nut on its end that screws onto the disposal. Tighten the slip nut with adjustable pliers.
- Attach the rubber dishwasher tube to the side of the disposal, if applicable. The dishwasher tube slides over the outlet on the disposer and is held into place with a single hose clamp, which can be tightened with a screwdriver.
- Plug the disposal's power cord into an electrical wall outlet.
- Turn the sink's water on, then turn on the disposer and check for leaks to complete the installation.
How to Install a Sinkguard Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals are responsible for breaking down food so that it can pass freely through the sink's drain pipe. Over time, the motor within the garbage disposal looses its effectiveness and the disposal's blade looses its edge. When either occurs, the ability of the disposal to break down food suffers, thereby increasing the risk of a clogged drain pipe. Sinkguard's garbage disposals are known for their durability and ease of installation, and are available in a wide variety of power ratings suitable for most any kitchen task. Thankfully, installing a Sinkguard disposal is a relatively straightforward job.