- Disconnect the power supply to the dishwasher. Unplug the power cable from underneath your sink or turn off the breaker at your breaker box.
- Take the lower kickplate off of the Bosch dishwasher, using a screwdriver to remove the screws either above or below the kickplate depending on the model. You may have to open the dishwasher’s door to gain access to these screws and then close it to remove the panel.
- Search for the drain hose and recirculation hose. The drain hose is connected to the dishwasher’s pump and runs all the way to underneath the sink. The second hose connected to the dishwasher is the recirculation hose. This should also be checked for a clog.
- Put a pan underneath the hoses to catch any of the water that leaks out. Pinch the wire clamp with your fingers to unhook the drain hose from the dishwasher’s pump. Use your fingers to pinch the clamp connecting the drain hose to the sink. Remove the drain hose.
- Pinch the clamps holding the recirculation hose to the dishwasher. Remove the recirculation hose. Take the hoses outside and run water through them with a garden hose to clear your blockage.
- Reconnect both hoses to the dishwasher and the sink and secure them with the wire clamp. Replace the kickplate and the screws holding the kickplate onto the dishwasher. Test the unit with an empty load of dishes.
How to Unclog a Bosch Dishwasher Drain Hose
The Bosch dishwasher takes all of the manual labor out of cleaning your dishes. When the drain hose on the dishwasher becomes clogged, you will find water leaks on your floor and a lot of water at the bottom of the dishwasher after each load. Water damage is not an easy fix for any room in the house, but the kitchen can be one of the most expensive rooms to repair. Unclogging your drain hose is not a hard task, but will require some attention to detail.
Things You Will Need
- Do not work on your dishwasher while it is plugged in.
- Place a pan under the dishwasher to catch any water that comes from the drain hose.
- No-Scrub Way to Clean Stove Burners
- Installation Instructions for a Kenmore Ultra Wash II Dishwasher
- How to Remove the Drain Filter in a GE Monogram Dishwasher
- How to Lubricate a Dishwasher Rack
- How to Fix a Dishwasher That Makes Weird Noises
- How to Connect a Dishwasher
- How to Remove Soap Bubbles From a Dishwasher
- How to Remove a Panel on a Kenmore Series 80 Electric Dryer
- How to Install a Dishwasher With a Height Adjustment
- How to Make a High Loop in the Drain Hose for a Dishwasher
- How to Remove the Drain Pump on a Bosch Dishwasher
- How to Restart a Garbage Disposal
- Why Is Your GE Dishwasher Overheating?
- The Clothes Washer Won't Pump Water Out