- Unscrew the screw that holds on the access panel on the back of the dishwasher where the power cord attaches. Install the cord by attaching the green wire to the green screw, the black wire to the brass colored screw and the white wire to the silver colored screw. Plug the cord into an outlet under the sink. Push the dishwasher into place, ensuring that the drain hose and water line are accessible from under the sink.
- Loosen the nut that connects the tailpipe to the bottom side of the sink drain with a pair of slip-joint pliers. Loosen the nut that connects the other end of the tailpipe to the P-trap. Remove the tailpipe.
- Install the new tailpipe that has a fitting to which the dishwasher drain hose will attach. Insert one end of the tailpipe into the drain stub and the other end into the P-trap, and tighten the nuts to secure it.
- Attach the dishwasher's drain hose to the fitting on the new tailpipe. The drain hose has a clamp that can be held open with a pair of slip-joint pliers and released to hold the end of the hose securely onto the fitting.
- Remove the water supply hose from the hot water shut-off valve with an adjustable wrench after you have turned off the shut-off valve. Screw on the shut-off valve adapter and refasten the water supply hose to one of the ports on the adapter. Attach the dishwasher's water line to the other port on the adapter and tighten it with an adjustable wrench.
- Open the dishwasher door and locate the two tabs at the top that have holes in them. Use the two screws that came with the dishwasher and a screwdriver to secure the dishwasher to the underneath of the counter. Adjust the dishwasher so it is level using the adjustable feet on the bottom front of the dishwasher.
How to Install an Amana Dishwasher
Installing an Amana dishwasher is no different than installing any other brand of dishwasher. Other than securing the unit to the bottom side of the cabinet, there are three things that need to be installed. A water line supplies hot water to the dishwasher, a cord plugs into an outlet and supplies electricity and a drain is used for waste water. The entire project should take only an hour to an hour and a half to complete.