How to Remove the Pump from a Whirlpool Dishwasher
- Turn off the electrical and water supplies to your home by finding the fuse box in your home and flipping the main fuses and by finding the water intake line in your home and turning the water line knob counterclockwise to keep water from coming in.
- Remove the access panel from underneath the Whirlpool dishwasher. The access panel provides you with access to both the pump and motor. Most likely, the motor will be to the right of the pump.
- Find the pump. This is a moderately sized unit that is somewhat circular or oval in shape. There is a belt connected to it. Slide the belt off the pump, before you remove it.
- Take the pump off by first disconnecting all water supply lines running into it. There should be 2 lines--an intake and an out take--that will need to be removed. These screw off your Whirlpool dishwasher.
- Unscrew any screws that connect your Whirlpool dishwasher's pump to the rest of the appliance. If you are going to be replacing this same pump eventually, make sure you save the screws and any other hardware for when you want to replace the pump.