- Pick up and set up a used oven. You can use sites like Craigslist and Freecycle to find used ovens in your area.
- Prepare a well-ventilated space by covering the area with newspaper and opening windows in the room. You can also do this outside.
- Put your oven in the well-ventilated room, and pre-heat it to 400 degrees.
- Load your powder-coating gun with the paint, according to your manufacturer's instructions.
- Point your gun about 6 to 12 inches away from the surface you wish to coat, and spray your gun.
- Put your coated piece into the oven to cure for about 15 minutes. Check the directions that came with your powder coating gun to be sure. Pull your coated pieces out of the oven and use them.
How to Powder Coat at Home
Powder coating is a process that allows you to paint metal cleanly with a powder paint. A powder coating gun electrostatically charges a powder paint which is later cured in an oven. The process offers a more permanent, cleaner alternative to spray painting and is possible to do within your home. With a few arrangements, you can powder coat in your own home and set up a space where you can coat metals.
Things You Will Need
- Make sure not to use your cooking oven for powder coating. It's best to not be exposed to the fumes. Use protective eyewear and a mask when powder coating.
- Roaster Oven Tips
- How to Replace the Ignitor on a Whirlpool Oven
- How to Prevent Fires
- How to Stop the Gas Range Ignitor From Clicking
- How to Remove Old Candle Wax From Jars
- How to Get Rust Off Oven Racks
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Cure an Iron Skillet
- Nuwave Oven Vs. Jet Stream Oven
- Smells During the Self Cleaning Oven Cleaning Cycle
- Cooking Instructions for Euro-Pro Convection Ovens
- How to Clean Grill Grates in a Self-cleaning Oven
- How to Clean the GE Spectra Oven
- Industrial Grease Removal