- Wash your pillows in hot water wash and rinse cycles in the washing machine. This will kill most of the dust mites and will also flush away much of the dust mite feces.
- Place the pillows into the dryer along with two-three tennis balls. The tennis balls will help to fluff the feathers within the pillows while drying. Dry feather pillows on a hot setting as some of the mites may have survived the wash cycle.
- Turn on the vacuum cleaner and use the upholstery hose to completely clean the exterior of the pillow. This will help to suck out any remaining dust mite. Vacuuming your bed and the area around it should help remove any mites that are living in your mattress and carpet.
- Unzip the dust mite pillow cover and insert your pillow. Zip the dust mite pillow cover and replace on the bedding.
Things You Will Need
- Washer Dryer Tennis balls (2-3) Vacuum cleaner with detachable hose or upholstery hose Dust mite pillow cover
- Keeping your home cool and dry will help to rid you of dust mites, as they like warm and damp areas to live. Books and magazines around the bed may hold dust mites, as well as draperies and curtains.