- Make Your Dishwasher Clean Better. First, remove any dishes from the dishwasher and look at the top and bottom sprayer arms and decide on what size wrench or screwdriver that you will need to remove both the top and bottom sprayer arms. Then remove both the top and bottom sprayer arms from the dishwasher.
- Next, fill your sink up with very warm water and then add four cups of bleach to the water. The very warm water and the bleach will help loosen the food and debris from the jets. Then place the top and bottom sprayer jets in the water bleach mixture and let them soak for about ten minutes.
- Next, take a needle or a sharp pointed knife and start cleaning the jets on the sprayer arms. The jets are the small holes on the sprayer arms that the water sprays out of. Use the needle or the sharp pointed knife to remove all of the food or debris from the jets.
- Next, once you are finished removing the food and debris from the jets on the sprayer arms, let the water/bleach mixture drain out of the sink and then rinse off the sprayer arms around the jets with cold water. Then take a rag or towel and dry off the sprayer arms and reinstall the sprayer arms to the dishwasher.
- Lastly, fill the dishwasher up with dishes and run the dishwasher on the normal setting that you use. You should now see a very significant change in how much better your dishwasher now cleans your dishes. The next time that your dishwasher stops cleaning the way it should, go back to the sprayer arm jets and give them a good cleaning.
Things You Will Need
- A needle
- A sharp pointed knife
- Adjustable wrench
- Cold water
- Also make a habit of cleaning the drain traps inside of the dishwasher. Sometimes food and debris can clog up the drains and cause the dishes to not clean as well because of the dirty water being backed up on the dishes.