- Flush your toilet.
- Sprinkle baking soda onto the sides of the toilet bowl.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Spray a solution of 50 percent water and 50 percent vinegar around the outside of your toilet bowl, including the handle and all other visible areas.
- Wipe the outside clean with a sponge.
- Scrub the inside of the toilet with your toilet brush.
- Flush the toilet.
Things You Will Need
- Toilet brush
- Disinfectant wipes
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- For in-between cleanings, keep disinfectant wipes on the back of the toilet and wipe the seat and handle down daily. Cleaning the toilet weekly instead of when it appears to need cleaning is the key to keeping a clean toilet.