- Unplug the Kenmore washing machine from the wall outlet, and turn the water supply off to the washer. The water shutoff valves are located where the water spigots come out of the wall.
- Pull the Kenmore washing machine away from the wall to access the back of it.
- Place a bucket directly under the area where the water hoses connect to the rear of the washer. Turn the hose connections counterclockwise, and remove the hoses from the washer. Set the loose ends of the hoses inside the bucket to catch any water left in them.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that secure the front of the control console to the washer. Maneuver the control panel out of the way without disconnecting any wires.
- Insert a putty knife between the front panel and top panel, locating the retaining clips that secure the top panel. Press in to disengage the retaining clips, and lift the top panel off the washer.
- Locate the water inlet valve inside the rear panel of the washer. Use a screwdriver to disconnect the hose from the water inlet valve to the spout over the tub.
- Use pieces of masking tape to label the wires attached to the water inlet valve solenoids. There are two wires for each solenoid.
- Use needle nose pliers to disconnect the wires from the water inlet valve solenoids. Grab the wires at the leads, and pull them off the terminals. Do not grab the wire itself as this may cause the wire to break.
- Use a socket wrench to remove the two bolts that secure the water inlet valve to the rear panel of the washer. Pull the water inlet valve out of the holes, and take it with you to purchase a replacement.
How to Remove Water Filter From a Kenmore Washing Machine
When the Kenmore washer seems to be taking a long time to fill, you may have to replace the water inlet valve. Remove the water filter from the machine to inspect, test or replace it if necessary. The water filter is also known as a water inlet valve. The water supply passes through screens that filter the sediment. When the valves become clogged and cannot be cleaned, the water inlet valve should be replaced.
Things You Will Need
- Always disconnect power from appliances before working on them.
- How to Remove the Top of a Kenmore Washing Machine Model 110
- How to Replace the Sensor on a Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine
- How to Clean the Water Filter in a Frigidaire Washer & Dryer
- How to Fix a GE Washing Machine That Does Not Fill Up
- How to Remove the Drum From a Maytag Washing Machine
- How to Change the Water Filter on a Whirlpool Refrigerator Model ED5VHEXVB01