- Place the cap for the column over the top of the column shaft. Let the cap slide down the column shaft temporarily until it can be secured.
- Set the column so it sits vertically under the porch overhang. Make sure the column is sitting correctly in the base.
- Slide the column cap up the column shaft to check the placement of the cap. Pre-drill holes to secure the cap using a power drill if the cap does not already have pre-drilled holes.
- Attach the column cap to the soffit or underside of the porch overhang. Place screws in the pre-drilled holes and secure them using a power drill.
- Run a bead of caulk between the cap and the column post. This will add a clean and finished look to the column.
Things You Will Need
- Power drill
- Caulk gun
- Use galvanized or stainless steel screws that will not rust.