- Place the composite board onto a sturdy cutting surface.
- Place C-clamps, or tack nails if clamps are not available, at each end of the composite board to securely attach it to the cutting surface so that it does not move during the ripping process.
- Snap a line across the length of the board where the rip needs to be made. Cut straight along rip line with the circular saw until the blade buries into the material.
- Adjust the ripping fence while the saw blade is still in the material being cut, so that it sits against the composite board. Tighten the wing nut so the ripping fence will not come loose during cutting.
- Rip the composite board with the saw using both hands to keep the ripping fence against the edge of the board.
Things You Will Need
- Circular saw
- Ripping fence
- Unlike wood decking, you can not refinish composite decking when it shows signs of aging; you must replace it with new composite boards.
- Clean your composite decking several times a year to keep it in good condition.