- Measure the width of the area to be covered to ensure the correct fit. Purchase a curtain rod according to these measurements.
- Remove the rod and brackets from the package. The rod and magnetic brackets will come together in one package.
- Place the magnetic brackets in the desired position on the door.
- Arrange the curtains on the curtain rod. Make any adjustments to the fabric so the curtain drapes evenly.
- Attach the rod to the brackets.
- Measure the placement for the rod brackets with a rule and pencil. Measure the distance from the top of the door and the distance from the side of the door to get the exact position for the two brackets.
- Hold the brackets in place and mark the holes with a pencil.
- Use a drill and a sheet metal screw to attach the bracket to the door. Sheet metal screws are threaded from the head of the screw to the tip and are sharper than wood screws. Sheet metal screws will give a tight fit to hold the brackets in place.
- Place the curtain on the rod and attach to the brackets.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the curtain to create an evenly balanced flow of fabric.