- Rub the spot on the wall with a disposable cleaning eraser--this works especially well with crayons. The cleaning eraser is a specific product that can be purchased at a local supermarket in the cleaning aisle. It looks like a large sponge and requires no additional products to work with it.
- Spray the rag with WD-40 or hairspray and wipe the spots--this works especially well for removing ink. If you have wallpaper, test the WD-40 or hairspray on a hidden spot to make sure it doesn't damage the wallpaper. Do not spray the WD-40 or hairspray directly on the wall, as it may create a soiled spot on the wall. After wiping, let the spot dry and repeat this step, as it may take a few times to completely remove the marks. After you are finished, wipe the spot with a clean damp rag to remove any hairspray or WD-40 left behind.
- Sprinkle baking soda on a damp rag and wipe the marks off the walls. Test this in a hidden spot if you have wallpaper.
Things You Will Need
- Disposable cleaning eraser
- WD-40 spray
- Baking soda
- Clean the marks as soon as possible after they are made.