How to Set a Delay System on an ADT Alarm
ADT Alarm Systems have entry and exit delays, and the setting options are pretty much the same for all models. Actual delay times can only be set by the installer and not by the consumer. Exit delays cannot be set at all. Entry delays can be turned off to sound instant alarms while the house is occupied or while vacant for long periods. These instructions cover model 4110 for the arming the system with the delay set either on or off, with the house either occupied or vacant. Each setting is only one step. Methods may vary for other models.
Setting the Delay
For delay ON with the house occupied, enter your four-digit security code and press "STAY."
For delay OFF with the house occupied, enter your four-digit security code and press "INSTANT."
For delay ON with the house vacant, enter your four-digit security code and press "AWAY."
For delay OFF with the house vacant, enter your four-digit security code and press "MAXIMUM."
- The referenced website for "ADT Home Security System Owner's Manual" has links to manuals for most of their models.
Richard Asmus was a writer and producer of television commercials in Phoenix, Arizona, and now is retired in Peru. After founding a small telecommunications engineering corporation and visiting 37 countries, Asmus studied broadcasting at Arizona State University and earned his Master of Fine Arts at Brooklyn College in New York.
- How to Remove Spray Foam From Paint
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Turn Off the Timer on a Panasonic Viera
- How Do I Change My Differential Setting on My Honeywell CT3600 Thermostat?
- How to Program a Chamberlain Garage Remote for the Elite Series Logic 3.0
- How to Operate Trane Thermostat Heat & Cooling Controls