How to Shine Paneling
Wood paneling can bring warmth into a home and yield an elegant finish to dens and offices. Even if the paneling is kept dusted and clean, it can dull over time and loose the beautiful luster that it had when it was installed. Commercial polishes are available that will restore the shine to your paneling, but before you spend your money on a store-bought cleaner, try a homemade wood polish that will restore the shine to your paneling.
Wipe the paneling with a micro-fiber cloth to remove loose dust and dirt.
Pour four tbsp. white or apple cider vinegar and two tbsp. olive oil in a half-gallon spray bottle. Fill the remainder of the bottle with warm water. Shake the bottle to mix the contents.
Spray the cleaner on one section of paneling and allow it to sit for five minutes.
Polish the paneling dry with a soft cloth. Repeat the process until all of your paneling shines.
Things You Will Need
- Micro-fiber cloth
- White vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Half-gallon spray bottle
- Soft cloth
- Wear gloves to protect your hands when cleaning.
- If you need a ladder to reach all the paneling, work with a helper who can hold the ladder in place while you clean.
- If the paneling becomes soiled or stained with dirt, clean it with dishwashing soap and water. Dry the area immediately after cleaning.
- Do not clean your paneling with harsh solvents, or you may damage the finish.