John Deere lawn tractors have many optional extras. One is the 46-inch snow blade.
You can angle the blade left, right or straight ahead. You can raise or lower the blade from the tractor seat, and a floating action allows the blade to follow the contour of the ground.
You can also easily install snow blades on a John Deere lawn tractor.
Things You Will Need
- Mounting brackets kit
- Two 42-pound rear suitcase weight kits
- Rear tire chains
- 46-inch snow blade kit
- General-purpose spray lubricant
- Align the holes in each mounting bracket with the holes in the tractor frame. You might need to remove the bumper to access the holes. Install the bracket using the kit that comes with the bracket. Don’t tighten it up too much for now.
- Remove the mower deck from the machine, following the manufacturer's instructions. You won’t be mowing the snow.
- Install the two 42-pound rear suitcase weights, following the instructions provided with the weight kit.
- Install the pivot support by inserting the pins on the right and left hitch plates into the notches on the mounting brackets. Install the pins, then fully tighten the screws on the mounting brackets.
- Align the holes in the pivot support with the second set holes from the end of the push channel assembly. Insert the channel pin into the holes, add the washer and secure the channel pin with the spring locking pin.
- Slide the lift handle rod into the end hole in the push channel assembly. Insert the lift link pin in the pivot support bracket into the lift handle rod. Add the washers and locking pin.
- Insert either end of the blade pivot rod through the blade pivot shaft. Insert the other end through the lift handle tube. Secure both ends with locking pins.
- Lubricate the lift handle rods and pivot points with a general-purpose spray lubricant.
- Install the tire chains onto the rear tires for traction on snow and ice.
Install the Mounting Brackets
Remove the Mower Deck
Install the Suitcase Weights
The suitcase weights serve as ballast to help stabilize the machine when the snow blade is attached and operational. If you remove the snow blade, also remove and store the suitcase weights from the machine. They are not required for operation when the snow blade is not installed.