- Twist off the top of a large spray bottle and set aside the spray nozzle.
- Write "Bleach Sanitizer" on base of the spray bottle with a dark permanent marker.
- Fill the base of the spray bottle with the cool water and chlorine bleach.
- Replace the nozzle and make sure that the spray bottle is securely sealed before gently shaking to mix the solution.
- Squirt the spray bottle filled with homemade sanitizing solution into a white cleaning cloth as you adjust the spray tip to a medium-heavy mist.
- Apply the sanitizing solution directly on hard surfaces or use a cleaning cloth. Leave wet for two minutes and allow to air dry.
Things You Will Need
- Spray bottle (36 fluid ounces or larger)
- Permanent marker
- 1 quart cool water
- 1 teaspoon chlorine bleach (unscented)
- White cleaning cloth
- Unfinished woods, carpets and fabrics may lose color if the sanitizing solution is left on their surface to dry. Use a damp clean cloth to wipe down sanitizer overspray on any surfaces that may be sensitive to the bleach.