- Place soap on a paper towel and apply cornstarch to the top of the soap. Lightly brush away excess. Cornstarch will help the paint to adhere to the surface of the soap.
- Place a [stencil](https://homesteady.com/how-5159733-stencil.html) on the top of the soap. Stencils that are made specifically for decorating soap have the ability to wrap around the bar of soap to keep the stencil stationary.
- Dip your paint brush into the paint, and dab the paint onto the stencil. Apply the paint generously to the cutouts of the stencil to ensure complete coverage.
- Remove the stencil, and allow the paint to dry for 15 minutes before applying a second coat, if needed.
- Reapply the stencil, and line up the cut-outs with the painted pattern on the soap, and add a second coat of paint, if needed.
- Remove the stencil and allow the paint to dry for 24 hours before wrapping or using the soap.
Things You Will Need
- Paper towel
- Paint brushes
- White soap
- Add glitter to paint to create a different look.
- Dab paint on white paper, and allow the paint to dry to see the exact paint color that will appear on the soap.