- Squirt enough baby oil onto a lint-free cloth to dampen it.
- Rub the damp cloth onto the stainless steel surface, using large circular buffing movements. Repeat until the entire backsplash has been cleaned. This will remove dirt and residue without leaving streaks behind.
- Buff the backsplash dry with a second, clean lint-free cloth. This will remove any remaining oil or residue, and restore the natural shine of the steel surface.
How to Clean a Stainless Steel Backsplash
Stainless steel is a material used in many homes as a backsplash, as it fits into nearly any decor and is also very easy to clean. While there are many cleaning products on the market designed for use on stainless steel surfaces, many of these products are either too expensive or simply do not clean the surface effectively. Two simple ingredients will clean and restore shine to the stainless steel surface, costing you just a few cents per cleaning.
Things You Will Need
- How to Add Texture to Painted Walls
- How to Remove White Spots From Hardwood Floors
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Remove Excess Teak Oil
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- How to Remove Bronze Tarnish and Pitting
- Homemade Pipe-Cleaning Solution
- How to Clean Marble Shower Tile
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Polish Solid-Surface Countertops
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Taps
- How to Wire a Char-Broil Ignitor