Mobile Home Faucet Repair
When you first purchase a mobile home, the faucets that come with the home may be low-quality. Most manufacturers install the low-end faucets to keep their prices lower. These units can cause leaks which are very dangerous for a mobile home frame, so repairing them is a must. The most common repair is replacing the gaskets or O-rings inside the faucet.
- Shut off the water to your mobile home by turning the main water vale to the "off" position. This is located either near your water heater or outside the home near the frame of the home. Look for your incoming water pipes to locate it. Turn on the faucet to drain the remaining water in the pipes.
- Open your cabinets and locate the screws that attach your faucet to the pipes. Loosen the fitting that holds the hot and cold water lines to the faucet with a pipe wrench.
- Remove the faucet from the top of the sink by gently prying it up from the countertop.
- Locate the O-rings inside the faucet. They are black, round rubber rings. Pry them out of the faucet carefully using a screwdriver and replace them with matching O-rings purchased from a hardware store.
- Remove the plumbers putty from around the faucet base with a metal scraper and then install new plumbers putty in its place.
- Replace the faucet head on the sink countertop and reattach the cold and hot water pipes using the wrench.