Build Your Own Letter Holder
- Measure 24 inches on the 1-by-6-inch board. Mark it. Use your saw to cut it straight across at your mark. This will be the back of your letter holder.
- Cut four pieces of wood on the remaining 1-by-6. Each piece should be 6 inches long. These will be the holders for letters.
- Cut two piece of wood for the sides from the 1-by-4-inch board. They should each be 24 inches long. Attach the sides of the letter to the back with wood screws.
- Attach the dividers to the back of the letter holder between the sides. Tilt the dividers forward so a letter will stay when it is placed in the slot. Use wood screws screwed through the side of the letter holder into each divider.
- Sand all the edges. Leave the wood unfinished if you prefer the natural look. You can also apply stain and varnish for a more finished look, or even apply paint.
Things You Will Need
- Board measuring 1 inch by 6 inches
- Board measuring 1 inch by 4 inches
- If you plan to paint you letter holder, choose pine for the wood. If you plan to stain and varnish the wood, use oak or cherry.