How to Clean Kenmore Refrigerator Shelves
Kenmore refrigerator shelves are often made of glass or metal. Through regular use, the shelves will become soiled with food and beverage residue, leaving them unsightly and sticky. Periodically, you will need to invest the time in cleaning the shelves to restore them to their original appearance. You can utilize common household items to complete the task.
- Remove any items on the shelves of the Kenmore refrigerator and place them a portable cooler for safekeeping while you clean.
- Unplug the Kenmore appliance and remove the shelves from the refrigerator.
- Mix 1/4 cup of mild liquid soap in 1 gallon of water. Agitate the water with your hands to form suds.
- Remove a shelf from the Kenmore refrigerator and place on top of or in the sink basin. Dip a clean sponge in the soapy water and squeeze gently to remove excess liquid.
- Wipe each shelf with the soapy sponge to remove food and beverage residue. Rinse the sponge under plain, running water as needed before dipping back into the cleaning solution.
- Rinse each shelf with clean water and dry thoroughly with a lint-free towel. Replace the shelves in the Kenmore refrigerator and plug it back in. Replace the contents of the refrigerator.
Things You Will Need
- Portable cooler
- Warm water
- 1/4 cup mild liquid soap
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Absorbent towels
- Refer to your Kenmore refrigerator's owner's manual to find out how to remove the shelves on your specific model.
- Never use harsh chemicals to clean any part of the Kenmore refrigerator, including the shelves.