- Remove all the food from your refrigerator. When using bleach, the food should be kept somewhere else.
- Put on rubber gloves before handling the chlorine bleach to clean the refrigerator.
- Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of equal parts chlorine bleach and water.
- Take out the drawers and shelves from the refrigerator. Spray down the inside with the bleach solution.
- Wait a few minutes. Wipe out the inside of the refrigerator with a cloth. Use a scrub brush for any stains or caked on food.
- Spray the drawers and shelves you removed with the bleach solution. Again, wait a few minutes and then wipe clean.
- Rinse a separate cloth in plain water and wipe down the inside of the refrigerator and the drawers and shelves to rinse away the bleach solution.
- Dry the inside of the refrigerator and the drawers and shelves with a new cloth. Reassemble the refrigerator.
How to Clean a Refrigerator With Bleach
The refrigerator may be an area of your kitchen often neglected when cleaning. At some point, however, you might realize that the refrigerator has gotten very dirty inside, and just wiping it out with regular household cleaner does not effectively clean it. In this case, you might need to use a solution of diluted bleach.
Things You Will Need
- How to Locate the Drain Tube in a Refrigerator
- What Is a Normal Fridge Temperature?
- How to Clean a Kenmore Elite Ice Maker
- How to Run a Chest Freezer on 12V
- How to Clean and Maintain an Electrolux Refrigerator for Best Performance
- List for a Well Stocked Pantry
- How to Clean an Ice Cube Tray
- How to Use Flash Defrost on a Kenmore Freezer
- How to Test a Refrigerator Baffle
- How to Install a Refrigerator's Crisper Drawer
- The Uses for Refrigerator Racks
- How to Troubleshoot a Samsung Refrigerator RF267AARS
- How to Get Rid of the Freezer Burn Smell in My Ice Maker
- How to Remove Refrigerator Shelves