- Cover any flowering plants or sensitive vegetation. Remove any outdoor furniture near house siding and walls. Check and note the location of all electrical wires and plugs. Close all windows and doors, and remove bird feeders, flags and pet food dishes.
- Mix Simple Green House and Siding Cleaner or regular Simple Green in your power washer's reservoir according to the manufacturer's directions. The dilution should be about 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner. Follow the pressure washer's instructions for adjusting pressure and changing tips.
- Practice using the power washer on an inconspicuous section first to gauge pressure and cleaning results. Never allow the power washer tip to come into contact with the house, and be careful around plants and furniture.
- Apply Simple Green to the sides of your house with the power washer, using the black soap dispensing tip. Start at the bottom and work up to avoid streaks. Be careful around windows and door seals. Allow the cleaner to dwell for a few minutes but do not allow to dry.
- Rinse thoroughly from top to bottom, using the white tip, removing all of the cleaner. The cleaner may need to be re-applied to the dirtiest areas and allowed to dwell again before rinsing. Scrub heavily mildewed or stained areas with a soft brush and rinse.
Things You Will Need
- Power washer
- Simple Green House & Siding Cleaner
- Pre-wet heavily soiled areas and soap these spots first.
- Extension wands and variable spray nozzles will enable you to clean a second story without using ladders.
- Rinse soap thoroughly from concrete and decks to avoid streaks.