- Keep wicker furniture away from harsh weather conditions. Bring it inside if it is raining as excess moisture will cause molding to occur.
- Wash wicker furniture with warm water and a mild detergent every few months. Allow to dry outside on a breezy day. Disregard this step if you own wicker furniture made of paper fibers.
- Create a mixture of bleach and water to prevent darkening of furniture. Use 1 part bleach to 3 parts water. Allow furniture to dry completely before sitting on it.
- Dust wicker furniture on a regular basis. Brush hard to reach areas with a toothbrush, and use the brush attachment on your vacuum to suck away dust from entire furniture piece.
- Use seat cushions to prevent discoloring in seating areas. Match seat cushions to decor of your home.
Things You Will Need
- Household detergent
- Seat cushions
- Too much sun exposure can dry out your wicker furniture. Bring it inside your home hot days with constant sun.