- Place a small dish of baking soda in each drawer. The baking soda is a natural odor absorbant that will also draw any moisture out of the drawers. Let the baking soda sit overnight.
- Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar. The vinegar is a deodorizing agent and will also kill any mold or mildew growth that is causing the odor.
- Spray the vinegar solution into all of the drawers.
- Keep the drawers open, and allow the drawers to air out overnight.
- Repeat if needed if all odor has not dissipated.
How to Get Mold Smell Out of Dresser Drawers
Dressers are a perfect way to store clothing, keeping it safely out of sight yet on hand and quickly accessible. The problem is that these drawers are dark, typically sealed off when closed, and can quickly develop moisture that leads to the development of a musty, moldy odor. To remove the odor, simply treat the drawers with a quick odor removal solution.
Things You Will Need
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Convert Gauge Thickness to Millimeters
- How to Install a Refrigerator's Crisper Drawer
- How to Remove Smoke Odors From a Room
- How to Install a Whirlpool Oven Door
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Mold
- How to Clean Mold Off Glass
- How to Clean Mold in the Attic
- How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies With Lemon Grass Oil
- How to Clean Wax Out of Chiffon
- How to Put a Plate Groove in a Shelf
- How to Clean a Carpet With Simple Green