- Blot up as much of the grape soda stain using absorbent cotton cloths. Continually move the cloth to a clean, dry part and blot until there's no more transfer of stain to cloth.
- Pour club soda into a spray bottle and spray it onto the grape soda stain. Wet the stain but do not saturate.
- Blot as much of the soda water as possible. Turn the cloth to a clean part, continuing to blot until the cloth no longer wicks up any moisture.
- Mix 1 tsp. clear dish washing liquid with 2 cups warm water in a bucket. Apply the soapy solution to the carpet using a clean cloth and allow it to sit for five minutes. Blot the moisture up using a clean, dry cloth.
- Combine 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of warm water in a bucket. Apply it to any remaining grape soda stain. Allow it to sit for one minute, then rinse with plain water. Blot up all moisture and allow the carpet to air dry completely.
- Vacuum the carpet to fluff up the fibers.
Things You Will Need
- Cotton cloths
- Club soda
- Spray bottle
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Clear dish washing liquid
- White vinegar
- Preventative measures are often the best measures. Avoid drinking grape soda anywhere the spill will create a potentially permanent stain.