- Place the pillows in the washing machine by themselves. Place about two to three pillows into the machine at a time, making sure they have plenty of room to move around during the wash cycle.
- Turn the machine on using a large load size and warm water cycle.
- Pour one capful of a mild laundry detergent into the machine. Turn on the machine, and run it through the entire cycle.
- Remove the pillows from the washing machine. You will notice a strong odor, which is normal with goose down and will dissipate when the pillows are dry.
- Place the pillows in the dryer, and turn the dryer on using a low heat setting. Remove the pillows from the dryer every 10 minutes and fluff. This allows the heat to distribute properly, and also prevents the feathers from overheating and potentially catching on fire. Repeat this process until the pillows are dried the entire way through. Avoid leaving the pillows damp, as this will cause mildew growth.
Things You Will Need
- Washing machine
- Mild laundry detergent
- Take the pillows to your dry cleaning facility if you prefer to have the pillows professionally washed.