- Rub the suede furniture with a clean, dry towel. Rub briskly to raise the nap (the raised fibers typical of suede).
- Vacuum the suede furniture with the soft-brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. This will remove loose dirt, dust and debris.
- Remove stains from the suede furniture prior to general cleaning. Rub a brown pencil eraser or suede eraser over dry stains until they disappear. Treat other stains by wiping the suede with a rag dampened with white vinegar. Wipe gently with a circular motion. Allow the suede to air dry.
- Use a steam cleaner for general cleaning. Use the hose on the steamer and run it in one direction over the dirty suede furniture. Overlap each stroke to ensure that no part of the furniture is missed. Allow the suede to air dry once steam cleaning is complete.
- Restore the nap on the suede furniture by running a nap brush over the surface. Make sure the furniture is dry before restoring the nap.
Things You Will Need
- Vacuum cleaner with soft-brush attachment
- Brown pencil eraser or suede eraser
- White vinegar
- Steam cleaner
- Nap brush
- Most steam cleaners are equipped with an upholstery attachment. Use this attachment for cleaning suede furniture.