Removing Odor From Pets or People
- Combine the hydrogen peroxide, liquid dish soap and baking soda in a small bucket.
- Apply the peroxide, dish soap and soda mixture to your pet or person using a rag. If the person or animal is sensitive to being soaked in the mixture, a small spray bottle can be used to apply the solution.
- Allow the solution to soak on a furry animal for up to 5 minutes. The solution does not need to sit more than a minute or two on a human.
- Rinse the solution from the skin or fur with water.
- Repeat washing and rinsing as necessary until the odor is gone or tolerable.
Removing Odor From Rooms
- Pour the cider vinegar into a wide-mouthed bowl.
- Place the bowl of vinegar in the middle of the affected room.
- Leave the bowl overnight or longer, if necessary.
Removing Skunk Odor From Fabric
- Wash the affected clothing in your normal wash cycle with regular laundry detergent, but do not dry it.
- Mix together the white vinegar, dish soap and baking soda in a large bucket.
- Dip the clothing in the bucket and agitate gently, letting it soak for a few minutes.
- Remove clothing and wring out.
- Place in the regular wash cycle with detergent, then dry if the smell is gone. If the smell remains, repeat as necessary.