Removing Paint Naturally
- Apply baby oil, mayonnaise or olive oil to the paint on your hands. As oil-based substances, these will help break down the oil-based paint and expedite the removal process.
- Rub the baby oil, the mayonnaise or the olive oil in to the paint stains with your fingers. Leave on your skin for a few minutes.
- Wipe off the excess baby oil, mayonnaise or olive oil with a paper towel. Wash your hands with soap and water to remove the cleaning agent and the paint residue. Dry your hands with a clean towel.
Removing Paint Chemically
- Apply glycerine to the paint on your hands. This helps loosen and dissolve the dried paint.
- Pour a small amount of turpentine or cleaning solvent into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together to remove the paint. Add more turpentine or solvent as needed until all of the paint has been removed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to remove the turpentine or solvent and the paint residue. Dry your hands with a clean towel.
Things You Will Need
- Olive oil
- Baby oil
- Clean cloth
- Turpentine or cleaning solvent
- Gum turpentine is an alternative to regular turpentine. It has a pleasant odor, and you can find it at art supply stores.